Holiday Party Tips
It's a great time of the year to gather and celebrate. Here are some suggestions for partying safely!
- Make your own measured drinks (from your own bottle).
- Do not accept a drink from a punch bowl or open container.
- For a safe ride home, always designate a sober driver.
- never accept a drink from someone you don't know and trust.
- Always eat a full meal before you drink.
- Avoid participating in drinking games.
- Only consume alcohol from bottles or cans that you open yourself.
- Be cautious when drinking if you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired (H.A.L.T.)
- Set a party safe limit for how many drinks you are going to have and stick to your decision.
- Never leave your drink unattended. If you leave your drink unattended, get a new one.
- Remember, saying "no" is absolutely fine. A lot of folks choose not to drink alcoholic beverages. Approximately 18 percent of KSU students do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- If you suspect someone has consumed a tampered drink or a sedative-like substance, call immediately for an ambulance or take the person to a hospital emergency room.
Remember... You are responsible for your decisions about when you drink and how much you drink.
© All staff articles are used by permission of the respective author(s). Copyright belongs to the University Life Café. No part of this may be used without authorization.
Holiday Party Tips (pdf)